Augmented Data Management in the Marketing World
Every day, 2.5 quintillions bytes of data are created. If we divide that by the United Nations estimate of the world’s population in 2019 (7.7B), each person would have to manage 309 MB of data every day. Excluding those without access to the internet, that number grows to 644 MB of data per person, per day.
You might say: “Well, I don’t have to manage my Facebook feed data manually!” and we are glad that you don’t. Surprisingly, there are companies today that are still managing data manually, pulling and consolidating reports in “.csv” or Excel reports.
Having the ability to automate data management and organization is a competitive advantage for businesses. If your company still does manual data pulls from marketing or CRM platforms, know that there are ways to automate this process! According to Rita Sallam, Distinguished VP analyst and Gartner Fellow in the Data and Analytics team, by 2020 the manual tasks on data management will be reduced by 45%.
There are a limited number of resources within a company and each hour that your team spends pulling and preparing your Facebook or Programmatic campaign reports to your client is one less hour that could have been spent analyzing and optimizing their campaign performance.
An augmented data management approach opens many possibilities, enabling your team to:
- Perform a comprehensive performance analysis from multi-channel campaigns
- Automate and consolidate live performance views for all your vendors
- Track the pacing of all your campaigns on a single dashboard to determine those that are over or under spending
Storing the platform data on your own server allows you to have access to historical data that otherwise wouldn’t be available on your platforms at the same level of granularity. With access to all of your historical data, it is also possible to:
- Build internal benchmarks
- Create data-driven media planning
- Analyze the media seasonality of your client base
- Build trend lines and forecast models
- Understand the cost trends of each platform/vendor and if there is competition betting for your keywords (Google Search)
Now that you’ve learned some of the benefits that the use of augmented data management in your marketing department can create, we would like to help you with your transition process.
Contact us to learn how the transition can be smoother than you think!
Written by: Renato Ijano Rodrigues, Analytics Strategy Manager